NEW PROJECT OUT NOW
“SOMETHING TO DANCE TO: THE WILLIE JONES ALBUM EXPERIENCE” HAPPENING TODAY AT THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF AFRICAN AMERICAN MUSIC
PERFORMING AT NMAAM BRIDGE TO BROADWAY BLOCK PARTY (6/18)
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Willie Jones has plenty to celebrate as his new album Something To Dance To arrives today. Listen HERE.
MusicRow lauded the title track, declaring “This giddy, rhythmic ditty is a blast,” with Country Nowechoing “The carefree song joins hands with the power of music as the rising singer/songwriter invites listeners to dance to the style of their choosing.” Featuring Jones’ standout singles including “Down by the Riverside,” “Get Low, Get High,” “Slow Cookin’,” and more, Something To Dance Toexplores emotional facets that Jones says “represent every part of me” but each carries a central theme of finding joy in life’s experiences. It’s a celebration of it all: the highs and lows, the loves and losses, the starts and ends, and the connective tissue of just being human. Lacing traditional country soundscapes of steel guitar, banjo, and harmonica with Jones’ signature Louisiana hip-hop gumbo, the resulting sonic heartbeat reflects a man whose upbringing molded him into an innovator who bridges the Block Party and the Barn Dance.
Today, Jones will give fans a behind-the-scenes look at the recording process during “Something To Dance To: The Willie Jones Album Experience” at the National Museum of African American Music in Nashville. Hosted by The Tennessean country music journalist Marcus K. Dowling and Averianna the Personality, Jones will share his personal journey that inspired the upcoming project, plus the ins and outs of his artistic process from songwriting to production and every aspect in between. Jones will hit the stage with his signature swagger to deliver high-energy performances of select album tracks. The event begins at 3:30 p.m. CT.
He will also perform Sunday at the NMAAM’s Third Annual Bridge to Broadway Block Party in downtown Nashville. Occupying the block between NMAAM (510 Broadway) and Bridgestone Arena, the block party celebrates culture, music, and heritage.
SOMETHING TO DANCE TO TRACKLIST
1. Down by the Riverside (Willie Jones/Jason Afable/Josh Logan)
2. Something To Dance To (Willie Jones/Eric Arjes/Cary Barlowe)
3. I Can’t Complain (Willie Jones/Curt Chambers/Lamar “MyGuyMars” Edwards/Jared Sciullo)
4. Lil Vibe (Willie Jones/Jesse B. Thomas/Aaron Zuckerman)
5. Slow Cookin’ (Willie Jones/Jason Afable/Phillip Fender/Zak Waters/Hank Williams)
6. Easy (Willie Jones/Nick Autry/Eric Olson)
7. Them Girls Do (Willie Jones/Nick Autry/Justin Ebach)
8. Soul Food (Willie Jones/Jason Afable/Josh Logan)
9. No Tellin’ (Willie Jones/James McNair/Chris Stevens/Lamar “MyGuyMars” Edwards)
10. Let’s Be a Love Song (Willie Jones/Jeffrey Joseph East/JD Walker/Zak Waters)
11. Get Low, Get High (Willie Jones/Cary Barlowe/Brandon Day)