4X AMA winner Kane Brown released his seven-song collection entitled Mixtape Vol. 1 on RCA Nashville/Zone 4 today. Listen HERE.
The new EP includes four critically-acclaimed tracks that Brown has released since the start of 2020, along with three previously unreleased songs. Evening Star praised the release as a batch of “immediately memorable” songs, calling Brown a “new kind of star.” Brown co-wrote each selection on Mixtape Vol. 1, his first multi-song project since his Platinum-certified Billboard 200 chart-topping Experiment arrived in November 2018.
The 26-year-old singer-songwriter’s EP leads with his two current singles, the Top 10-and-climbing country smash, “Cool Again,” and Brown’s recently-released Top 40 hit, “Be Like That,” a collaboration with Swae Lee and Khalid. “Cool Again,” which Billboard named “song of the summer,” was the most-added country song its initial week of release with a career-high 103 stations onboard, and has become Brown’s fastest rising single to date. And further increasing his career benchmarks, the entertainer achieved his biggest first week launch at Top 40 Radio when “Be Like That” was No. 1 most added with 103 stations.
Also included on the seven-song set which exemplifies Brown’s “willingness to stretch boundaries and highly personal storytelling” (TIME) is his duet with John Legend, “Last Time I Say Sorry.” Of the song the two co-wrote, People commented, “John Legend and Kane Brown are a musical force to be reckoned with.” In April, shortly after the track’s release, Brown and Legend made their national television performance debut of “Last Time I Say Sorry” on the CBS primetime special, “ACM Presents: Our Country.” Click HERE to watch.
The Mixtape Vol. 1 selection “Worldwide Beautiful” was originally released on June 4, two days after the music industry’s sector-wide Blackout Tuesday. The ballad echoed with a message of acceptance and global peace, and it benefits Boys and Girls Club of America to advocate for justice and equality. Brown made the national television debut of “Worldwide Beautiful” at the 2020 BET Awards alongside Grammy-nominated gospel singer, Jonathan McReynolds. Click HERE to watch.
“Worship You,” “BFE” and “Didn’t Know What Love Was” round out Kane Brown’s new EP. The three new tracks offer another glimpse into the global entertainer’s singularly progressive sound and style, which Rolling Stone recently praised as a balance of “pop-leaning radio country, Randy Travis-inspired Nineties stylings, and pop-dominant R&B,” as he continues to shape the next generation of country music.
KANE BROWN’S MIXTAPE VOL. 1 TRACK LISTING:
1. “Cool Again” – Songwriters: Kane Brown, Josh Hoge, Matt McGinn and Lindsay Rimes;Producer: Dann Huff and Lindsay Rimes
2. “Be Like That (feat. Swae Lee and Khalid)”- Songwriters: Kane Brown, Khalif Brown, Alexander “Eskeerdo” Izquierdo, Khalid Robinson, Ryan Vojtesak and Mike Will; Producer:Charlie Handsome
3. “Worship You”- Songwriters: Kane Brown, Alexander Izquierdo, Ryan Vojtesak and Matt McGinn; Producer: Dann Huff
4. “BFE” – Songwriters: Kane Brown, Sam Ellis, Matt McGinn, Taylor Phillips and Will Weatherly; Producer: Dann Huff
5. “Didn’t Know What Love Was” – Songwriters: Kane Brown, Shy Carter, Matt McGinn and Lindsay Rimes; Producer: Dann Huff and Lindsay Rimes
6. “Last Time I Say Sorry (with John Legend)” – Songwriters: John Stephens, Kane Brown, Matt McGinn and Andrew Goldstein; Producer: Andrew Goldstein
7. “Worldwide Beautiful” – Songwriters: Kane Brown, Shy Carter, Ryan Hurd and Jordan Schmidt; Producer: Dann Huff